DENTAL ASSISTANT (DA)
Do you personally find joy in making people smile? We are a growing private orthodontic practice with multiple locations in Fresno and the greater Central Valley and we are now hiring a full-time or part-time DAs. This is a challenging position that requires a highly skilled and self-motivated team player who is ready to work hard and to help our practice grow. Must be an energetic individual with an upbeat personality who loves to smile and can help create a kind and caring environment for our patients and their families.
- Add value to the patient experience by helping to create a positive experience at each visit.
- Assist with initial patient consults and regular treatment.
- Follow directions from Orthodontist and RDAs to clean and polish patients’ teeth before installing brackets.
- Help remove patients’ brackets during debanding as directed by Orthodontist.
- Ensure all instruments are sterilized and ready for patient treatment.
- Maintain accurate records of health history and treatment notes.
- Properly and thoroughly sterilize all instruments before use.
- Use a suction hose carefully as needed.
- Take intraoral x-rays.
- Take proper photos of patients’ teeth at exam and intermittently as required.
- Take proper molds of patients’ teeth for appliances.
- Remove, replace wires, bands and certain parts of braces.
- Educate patients on oral hygiene and caring for their braces.
- Assist Orthodontic Office Staff as needed.
- Prioritize patient care and communication.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate’s degree in Dental Assisting.
- Dental Assistant license. X-ray license.
- CPR Certification.
- Must be a fast learner and hard worker.
- Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Patience, organization and communication skills.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, and customer service skills required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Dental Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Multiple locations